- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 300 ml Water
- 160 g Rice (parboiled)
- ½ tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 50 ml Water
- ½ tsp Fine Salt
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground Pepper
- 150 g Canned or Thawed Frozen Sweetcorn
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes Cut in Half
- 5 Spring Onions Thinly Sliced
- 200 g Salad Cheese in Cubes with Parsley and Garlic
- 500 g Fried Meat (such as pork chops or chicken)
- 2 Slices Stale Bread
Boil the water with salt in a heavy-based pan. Add the rice and cook at low heat under a tightly closed lid for approximately 12 minutes or until cooked - stirring occasionally.
Remove the pan from the heat and drain. Let the drained rice sit, covered for another 12 minutes.
Using a large bowl mix the mustard, oil, vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Tip the cooled rice into the bowl with the dressing along with sweet corn, tomatoes and spring onions.
Pour the cheese into a sieve and then turn it into the salad. Cover the salad and leave in the fridge for about ½ hour - the salad can be served before the rice is completely cold.